It’s great to undo the damage of circumcision and the benefits of foreskin restoration are awesome, but for some the real healing comes from working to end child circumcision. Activists working to protect the right of all boys, girls, and intersex children to remain intact and free of non-therapeutic forced genital cutting are called intactivists. You can help.
Get involved. Your voice is needed. Since there’s no money in “doing nothing” to healthy babies, we’ll have a difficult job overwhelming the message of the well-funded and well-positioned status quo.
Participate in recurring events:
– Protest the AAP (pediatrics) convention or the ACOG (obstetrics) convention (because these American doctors’ trade associations have not denounced forced genital cutting as their foreign counterparts have)
– March on the US capitol and Whitehouse (because US law protects only girls but leaves boys and intersex children vulnerable)
– March in a human rights parade
Show your support, start a conversation:
– Wear intactivist apparel
– Display an intactivist bumper sticker
– Demonstrate in public. Intact News lists upcoming events near you
– Write your legislator
– Form a local group
Arm yourself with facts:
– Read comments on the CDC’s 2014 proposed guidance on circumcision (still not published)
– Read a book
– Visit Circumstitions.com
– Study the suspicious motivations for VMMC (“Voluntary” Male Medical Circumcision) in Africa
– Watch a DVD or online video
– Check out our resource list
Contact us for help getting started.
847 414-1692 Chicago